Discuss Your Move Away With an Experienced Ventura, California Attorney

Perhaps, as the custodial parent, you need to move to start a promising new job. Perhaps, as the noncustodial parent, you want to prevent a move away so that you can continue to spend quality time with your children. No matter what your position, these requests have an immense impact on your family. Hiring an experienced attorney can help.

Call or e-mail the knowledgeable family law attorneys at Brown Law, APC in Ventura, California. Each of our lawyers has more than 25 years of experience with a focus on family law issues such as move away orders.

Move Away Court Orders

Usually, if a parent with physical custody wants to move children a significant distance away from the other parent, they will need to get an order from the court. We will review your divorce decree or agreement and child custody orders to determine whether or not a court order is necessary in your case.

If a court order is not required for a move away, we will look for ways to mediate an agreement or negotiate with the other parent. Your best interests define our negotiation strategy. These cases do not have to be all-or-nothing, and we will do our best to find an agreement that works for you and your children.

If a court order is required for a move away, we will help you assert why your position on the move away is in the best interests of your child. Factors we will evaluate include: the amount of time the noncustodial parent spends with the child, each parent's involvement in the child's schooling, medical care, other major decisions, each parent's income and your child's preference and age.

Contact Our Talented Attorneys

Move away cases are very difficult for the court. Having an attorney who can help define your position and give the court the information they need to make a decision can make all the difference.

Custodial Parents: It is important to request a custody move away order months before you decide to move. Contact us today if you are planning on moving soon.

Noncustodial Parents: A custody move away could modify your child support order and affect your visitation and other parental rights. Contact us to learn how we can help.